1. Eligibility: The Pelicans “Top 5 Home Games 2019-2020” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to individual permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of New Orleans Pelicans NBA, LLC (hereafter, “Sponsor” or “Pelicans”), the NBA Entities (as defined below), and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies (hereafter collectively, the “Released Parties”), and each such individual’s immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, child, husband, wife, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. The National Basketball Association (“NBA”) and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, (collectively the “NBA Entities”) are neither a sponsor nor affiliated with this Sweepstakes and is not responsible for the promotion, administration, or execution of this Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state, and local laws apply.
2. Promotion Period: Sweepstakes begins at 2:00:00 PM Central Time (“CT”) on 8/12/2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on 8/30/2019 (hereafter, “Promotion Period”).
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit http://go2.pelicanssaints.com/5_Best_Games.html (“Website”) and follow the instructions provided to complete and submit the registration form in order to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM CT on 8/30/2019 in order to be eligible. Only one (1) entry per person and/or email address will be accepted throughout the Promotion Period. Additional entries received from the same person and/or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Data rates may apply; check with your internet or wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges; entrants are solely responsible for any such internet or wireless charges. The use of script, macro, or automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate or subvert any aspect of entry) to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entry through such means and any entry that is deemed to be ineligible (at Sponsor’s sole discretion and in accordance with these Official Rules) are void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant based on the e-mail address submitted, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address provided on the registration form. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, garbled, damaged, illegible, inaccurate, destroyed, or undelivered entries, email invitations, emails, entry information, or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems, or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures, or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines, or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error, or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, mail, emails, or the announcement of a prize, or for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these Official Rules or other Sweepstakes related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any entries of entrants whom Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Sweepstakes or is in violation of these Official Rules.
5. Winner Selection: The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing conducted on or about 9/5/2019 from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor throughout the Promotion Period. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all respects. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via email and/or telephone and may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and (where legal) Publicity Release within seven (7) days of the date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance with the foregoing, with these Official Rules, or return of any prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, awarding of prize to an alternate winner. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. If the potential Grand Prize winner is at least eighteen (18) but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on said winner set forth herein.
6. One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winner will receive two (2) lower bowl tickets (for winner and one (1) guest) to attend each of the following 2019-2020 New Orleans Pelicans regular season home games at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA (a total of ten (10) tickets):
|Date||Opponent||Approx. Retail Value (ARV)|
|10/28/19||Golden State Warriors||$258|
Total ARV of Grand Prize: $1602.
TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM GAMES AND PARKING PASSES ARE NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF PRIZE. In the event any game is postponed and rescheduled, tickets to the rescheduled game will be awarded. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers, or certificates will not be replaced. Released Parties are not responsible for any game delays, any cancellation of any game, and/or other difficulties occurring with the prize. Exact seat locations shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Tickets are subject to the terms and conditions specified thereon. Winner and guest agree to comply with all such terms and conditions, as well as with all game and venue rules and regulations and, in accordance therewith, agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with any intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the game. Winner and/or guest will be escorted out of venue by Sponsor or its designated agent(s) for improper conduct and/or violation of federal, state, or local laws (including, but not limited to, the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs, unlawful drug paraphernalia, and alcohol), as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion, and winner will forfeit the balance of his/her prize. Unused tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged, or applied toward tickets for any subsequent game. If unused, tickets cannot be returned, refunded, or exchanged for cash value or substitute tickets.
All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of any prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state, and local taxes, food, beverages, souvenirs, parking, any ground transportation, and other miscellaneous expenses are winner’s sole responsibility. Other than the details of the Grand Prize outlined above, Released Parties have no additional obligations or commitments to the Grand Prize winner in connection with this Sweepstakes. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prize (or portion thereof) is permitted except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or applicable portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Entrants agree, by entering, that: i) Sponsor and its designees may use (unless prohibited by law), entrant’s name, city and state of residence, photograph, any recording (voice, film, or video), and/or likeness for advertising, trade, and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission, or notification; ii) Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background/criminal check and entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s permission for Sponsor to conduct such background/criminal check, provided that, to the extent additional authorization is necessary under law, entrants shall authorize such check. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant based on the results of the background/criminal check or failure of the entrant to properly authorize such check; and iii) the Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury, or damage to entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize and any travel or travel-related activity thereto (including, but not limited to, attendance at the game) or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, and/or terminate this Sweepstakes (or portion thereof) for any reason, including should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in the case of termination, at its discretion, select the winner at hand from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the event that required such termination.CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that: i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Sponsor; ii) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement, and all proceedings at such arbitration; and iii) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Louisiana, USA, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
10. Winners’ Names: For the names of the winners (available after 9/20/2019) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by 10/30/2019 to: Pelicans Top 5 Games Winner List, c/o New Orleans Pelicans, 5800 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70003.
11. Sponsor and Administrator: New Orleans Pelicans NBA, LLC, 5800 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70003.